02 Aug NSW Occupation Lists and requirements for the 491 visa – 2021 and 2022
Posted at 18:18h in FeaturedNSW has finally released information on their Visa Nomination program and changes on the occupation lists for the current financial year, ending 30 October 2022.
They are going to nominate people under the 2 General Skilled Migration visas available: Subclass 190 State/Territory Nominated Permanent Skilled Visa and the Subclass 491 Provisional Regional Skilled Visa.
This post is to do with the Subclass 491 Provisional Regional Skilled Visa.
Click here if you want to read about the Subclass 190 State/Territory Nominated Permanent Skilled Visa – the process and the requirements are different, as well as occupation lists.
NSW Occupation Lists and requirements – 2021 and 2022
A lot of popular occupations have stayed on the list in some regions and many others have been added, however, just like its permanent counterpart, the Subclass 491 Provisional Regional Skilled Visa is now “by invitation only”.
This means that now NSW will select candidates before they are allowed to apply for State Nomination, instead of allowing potential applicants to send their applications for consideration. So you can’t apply for State Nomination unless NSW chooses you. You will be required to register your interest and only during a “submission window”.
These windows will be open in August, October, January and March only – this financial year.
NSW has been allocated 3,640 places for the 491 visa for the whole financial year, so they will certainly choose carefully and will give priority for those already living and working or living and studying in a NSW regional area.
There are now 3 Streams under which you could fit:
- Stream 1 – for those of you living and working in Regional NSW (excluding Sydney Metropolitan area) for at least the 12 months prior to registration of interest;
- Stream 2 – for International Students who complete 2 years of studies in Regional NSW that are assessed as closely related to their nominated occupation;
- Stream 3 – for those who have an occupation in the relevant NSW list and are living in Australia, but not in regional NSW. So if you are in Sydney or even in another state in Australia, you may qualify;
Important: Each stream has a different occupation list so be careful when checking if yours is there.
Also important: you must be under 45, have a positive skills assessment and score at least 65 in the points test.
See the full NSW occupation lists here
>>> There are lots of occupations on the list for people already in Australia who would like to live in regional NSW with this visa, check if yours is there and get in touch with us on email@example.com so we can assess if you would qualify for nomination.
Some occupations for those already working in Regional NSW – just as an example
• Corporate Services Manager
• Finance Manager
• Human Resource Manager
• Research and Development Manager
• Construction Project Manager
• Engineering Manager
• ICT Project Manager
• Environmental Manager
• Cafe or Restaurant Manager
• Hotel or Motel Manager
• Accountant (General)
• External Auditor
• Internal Auditor
• Marketing Specialist
• Public Relations Professional
• Landscape Architect
• Graphic Designer
• Civil Engineer
• Geotechnical Engineer
• Electrical Engineer
• Electronics Engineer
• Industrial Engineer
• Mechanical Engineer
• Production or Plant Engineer
• Mining Engineer (Excluding Petroleum)
• Food Technologist
• Environmental Consultant
• Marine Biologist
• Natural and Physical Science Professionals nec
• Early Childhood Teacher
• Secondary School Teacher
• Special Needs Teacher
• ICT business Analyst
• Systems Analyst
• Multimedia Specialist
• Web Developer
• Analyst Programmer
• Developer Programmer
• Software Engineer
• Software Tester
• Database Administrator
• ICT Security Specialist
• Systems Administrator
• Computer Network and Systems Engineer
• Network Administrator
• ICT Support Engineer
• ICT Systems Test Engineer
• Telecommunications Engineer
• Telecommunications Network Engineer
• Civil Engineering Draftsperson
• Civil Engineering Technician
• Electrical Engineering Draftsperson
• Electrical Engineering Technician
• Building and Engineering Technicians nec
• Telecommunications Network Planner
• Automotive Electrician
• Motor Mechanic (General)
• Fibrous Plasterer
• Wall and Floor Tiler
• Plumber (General)
• Roof plumber
• Electrician (General)
• Airconditioning and Refrigeration Mechanic
• Technical Cable Jointer
• Electronic Equipment Trades Worker
• Electronic Instrument Trades Worker (General)
• Butcher or Smallgoods Maker
• Horse Trainer
• Enrolled Nurse
• Community Worker
• Program or Project Administrator
Follow us on Social media to receive all updates about visa changes in NSW and other Australian states and Territories.