This visa is a permanent residence visa for skilled workers who want to work in regional Australia.
Visa holders can live in Australia indefinitely, work, study, have access to Medicare and follow on to citizenship if chosen.
For the purposes of this visa Regional Australia is anywhere other than the Gold Coast, Brisbane, Newcastle, Sydney, Wollongong, Perth and Melbourne.
Please check the specific postcodes with our accompanying factsheet “Eligible Post Codes for the RSMS Visa“.
This visa involves a two-step process:
1. A Nomination Application from an Australian employer;
2. A Visa Application by the individual seeking the visa.
This visa requires the individual to start employment with the nominating employer within 6 months
of their entry in Australia or after the visa grant, and remain in that employment for a full 2 years.
The Direct Entry Stream is the most popular for this visa and the requirements are:
For the Individual applying for the visa:
– Must be under 50 years of age;
– Must be nominated by an employer in regional Australia (as per above);
– Must have a Competent Level of English: unless from an English-speaking country (USA, UK, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand). Competent means a score of 6 in each component of the IELTS General Exam or equivalent TOEFL, PTE or CAE;
– Meet minimum skills and qualifications: most candidates have to demonstrate they have a qualification matching the minimum requirement for their occupation. Others have to obtain a positive Skill Assessment;
– Meet health and character requirements.
For Employers nominating a foreign worker to their regional operations:
– Must actively and lawfully operate a business in regional Australia;
– Must have a genuine need for a paid employee to fill a skilled position;
– Must offer a skilled position in the applicant’s field that is full time and ongoing for at least two years;
– The position must be in a certain list as defined by Immigration: not all roles appear there;
– The position must attract a salary package that matches the average market salary rate;
– The business and its directors must comply with Australian immigration and workplace relations laws;
– There must be no adverse information known about the business or any person associated with it;
– The employer must apply for an opinion about the position and the local job market, with their local Regional Certifying Body. This could be a government agency, a local chambers of commerce, a local council or a regional development body. This application will generate a third party opinion that will assist immigration in deciding if the employer is really not able to fill the position locally, if they tested the local work force appropriately before making the job offer to a foreign worker and will check any other issues. This normally involves publishing ads for the job and in some cases even involving a recruiter.
Co-Founder, Director and Registered Migration Agent 0532487
Bravo helped my employer and I navigate a tricky situation when the rules suddenly changed for the 457 visa when we were partway through the application preparation process. While it took a while to prepare the application (not Bravo's fault), once we launched the nomination and visa applications they were approved by Australian immigration in just over a month - much faster than I had expected! Thanks so much to the team at Bravo, in particular Angela and Danniel, whose professionalism, helpfulness, friendliness, and honesty helped guide me through this otherwise stressful process so smoothly. I look forward to working with you again soon on the PR application. 🙂
As I have always told you I feel very fortunate to have had you as agent. Big hug and thanks to all Bravo Migration Team for all your help!
Choosing a migration agency is so important for your future! I started working with Bravo in 2007 when I decided to move to Australia with my family. They helped me with all necessary information to follow the right path for the application. I could not apply directly to a permanent visa but Bravo was very professional, giving me options, strategies and helping me to “build” a visa plan. My case was a little more delicate as I got divorced with children but Bravo took care of all documentation in a very organised and objective way. I got a sponsorship 457 visa and later my permanent residence (PR) came through as well: the process was stress-free as Bravo always offered options and showed me the correct ways to apply, keeping us calm and positive. I recommend Bravo for people who consider moving countries seriously and want to find the correct path to the residence.
Thanks for giving us the best news ever! Couldn’t be happier!!! Just would like to take the opportunity to thank everyone from Bravo Migration team for doing such a fantastic job! There’s no words to describe their impeccable professionalism! Also thank you for being so kind and patient. We know clients can be such a pain when they get anxious and apprehensive about something huge like a Permanent Visa application. Nevertheless, we never doubted you guys were doing what was best for us! Best of luck for you all and a long and successful future for Bravo Migration!
There are times when you need to put ‘pen to paper’ regarding extraordinary service as experienced, and in this instance we want to say to Bravo just how good you were in your job. We want to go on record – the team at Bravo- not only impressed in the methodical manner as how you handled our employee’s application for a 457 visa, but moreover the professionalism as was displayed – along with a friendly disposition! A credit to you.